Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tetris QAL: Week 3

I posted on Monday about getting caught up on my Tetris QAL.  I was so excited.  Even though I was to work nights on Tuesday, I was like a kid at Christmas and got up at 6:00 to get the blocks for this week......They weren't there.  I went back to bed for a couple of hours and when I got up again there they were!

So, I made this week's block and then things went nuts around here.  I couldn't stay connected to the internet.  The power went off several times.  Things blew and rumbled and it seemed like we would have rain but we did not.  Since the first of May we have had less than a quarter of an inch here at the farm.  What that storm DID give me was a massive migraine.  I can't remember yesterday at all.  I HATE that.  But, when I looked at my camera I found I had finished my blocks and taken pictures!  Apparently the past two days weren't a total bust.

They did laugh at me at work.  I managed to work but I am a little brain damaged from the meds.  So, I had post-it notes stuck every where to remind me what I was doing there and what I needed to do.  Ever see Grey's Anatomy?  Remember when Derrick removed Izzy's brain tumor and she had no short term memory?  It reset every 10 seconds or so?  That is what the past couple of days have been like for me!

Back to the block.


I love how these are turning out.  I decided to make this one fit beside week 1.  I really wish I had let some of the tiles of weeks 1 & 2 stick out to the side.  Live and learn.

Here are the three weeks together.


(I have no idea why there are rubber gloves laying on the floor in my sewing room.  They are new but I am not sure why they are there.) I really like how it is coming together.  I am playing the game and letting the tiles go where they fit without fussing about the color.

I think this would be fun to do with Christmas prints and my do it again like that.  I think I would use smaller blocks so that it is a wall hanging or table topper size.

Can't wait for next week's but I won't be able to sew them until the following Friday!!!

Linking up with Happy Quilting Week 3.

Keep Stitchin'!

Mary

4 comments:

  1. These look great. I am just loving the black!! It really makes the blocks pop. Sorry you had to wait for them to be up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great! I like seeing them all together...I'll have to do that with mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blocks, especially all together. The black squares really pop. I chose black, too. I saw someone else do black. Maybe it was you.
    I kinda wish I had done 2 1/2" blocks so it could be a wall hanging. But a full sized quilt will be okay.
    Sorry about the migraine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh..I am so sorry you have to deal with those rotten migraines. Here's saying a little prayer that you get some time off from them! Love how the tetris quilt is coming together!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from people. I have turned word verification back off. We will see how that works.