Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday: 8/22/12


Hello, all!  I know, I know.  Two posts in one day.  No, I am not trying to make up for my "down" time.  Just too much stuff to put in one post.  I am going to link up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.  And, boy, do I have a lot in progress!  

First up is my BOM.  I don't know when I last posted about this.  Looks like last month when I finished for July.  Long month.

This month's blocks were yet another basket.


I am about sick to death of baskets!!!  It went together okay.  I could have done better, I think.  I was quite surprised to have it together and find there were still a few pages of instructions.  It was telling me how to join the last three months together.  I was very confused.  See, most people are doing this in Civil War fabric.  So, when she is telling them all the substitutions I kind of zone out.  I decided I must have zoned clear to Mars last month.   I dutifully put the blocks together.  See them across the top?  There is a mirror image to go beneath the center section.


I still wasn't convinced I was quite right.  So, I trimmed nothing.  It looked awful when I arrived at class....where I found no one else had done this part.  She used MINE to show all the little "tricks" to do it correctly.  Nobody have me any tricks.  I just figured it out on my own!!  Good news is I am a wee bit ahead for this month.

Okay, what else has been in progress?  I have sewn every day.  I posted about the Tetris QAL Monday.  Yesterday and today I finished up forty five 6 1/2" 9-patch blocks for an exchange on Homesteading Today.  I only needed 41 but this morning when I went to my sewing room I found two that apparently the drunken monkeys had made and another two someone had bled on.  Probably me.  I cut myself twice with the rotary cutter yesterday and decided to stop


When I picked fabrics to wash I was having a green and orange moment.  I don't know.  I think I like them but....maybe it is the drugs.  I couldn't find my darn labels.  So, I ended up sewing labels on 20 pairs of them by hand.  People baste them on by machine but I hate that.  I always have such a time removing the stitches. I really like all these ladies but each time I do an exchange I swear it is my last because I HATE to prewash fabric.  I confess, I mix unwashed and washed fabric when I sew these blocks together to make a top.

What else?  Oh yes...


This is the Orion's Star I have been working on all summer.  I have 9 blocks done and am on the final round for the other 11.  I so badly want this done!

I have been making a baby quilt as my leaders and enders.  It is a D9P.    It is for a coworker's granddaughter.


I think I am caught up!  I need to be canning but not happening today.  I don't think I will sew anymore today, either.  What have you been up to?  Be sure to check out the others at WIP Wednesday.

Keep Stitchin'!!

Mary

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at all that! I love the onions star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great. That little basket is so cute! Awesome job. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your projects! You're doing a ton of work but they all look great! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baskets are so pretty! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from people. I have turned word verification back off. We will see how that works.