Happy Friday, y'all!!
Last Sunday I finished this.
I took it right outside (with some of the ravelings still hanging on it) and took pictures on my church pew.....and a rocking chair...
It looks beautiful out there. It didn't stay. I don't trust the dogs, squirrels and chipmunks. This is the terrible picture I took at 4:45 this morning.
This is probably where it will stay. It really isn't big enough for my taste but I don't think I can make one of these any larger. Most of my problems were of my own doing. I really wanted to use decorative stitching for the top stitching but was strongly advised against it. I wish I had because I ripped out the seams so many times it would have been faster. Also, I would have switched from the FW. I was having problems keeping a straight line with the weight of the quilted blocks on the FW. Once I set down at the countersunk Janome 6600 all of those problems went away.
Here are some close ups of the blocks.
As you can see, I washed it and I am pleased with how it washed up. I would do one of these again but I would change some things. First, I don't use a steam iron. I would for the batting. I did part of this at a class at the LQS and they used a steam iron. I could tell that some of my blocks had shrunken batting and I am guessing that is why. I had double checked each piece of batting's size after I cut them.
Also, though it would take longer, I still think I want to do one with decorative stitching. Maybe just a table runner. I was determined this not become a UFO so I waded through it. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had done a little at a time.
I am linking up with
Richard and Tanya
The Fabric Addict
For now. I may be back to add more as more blogs open up their links. Thank you for stopping by. Be sure to check out some other finishes.
Back to my cleaning. Some of my babies are coming home for the weekend!! Also, I am on my first day of 16 days off. Woohoooo!!!!
p.s. Found a new blog to follow and link to. Check her out here. You will love her blog.