As I have mentioned before, I work a funky rotating 12 hour schedule. This past week has been my "long change". In other words, I have not worked since Thursday, February 23 on night shift until tonight. You would think I would get a lot done in that time. I did not.
Between recovering from Cajun night and the weather I battled a migraine. Yesterday I took my MIL to the quilt show in Bloomington, Indiana. We both enjoyed it and I controlled myself buying fabric. But it meant no sewing.
Today I was determined to get my blocks done for my BOM. Here is the practice block I did on Monday (I think).
Not perfect, but not bad. I paid closer attention to the flying geese as I made the "real" ones today.
Still not perfect but I could live with it. Unfortunately, I didn't do so well with its mate. I am not sure why. I took it apart and resewed it and it still is lacking. Can you tell which is the good and which the bad in this photo?
They go into the quilt on point like this and they are "floating" so hopefully my screw up won't be too noticeable.
Because Amanda Jean only had blocks to show today I am going to link up with her and try not to feel guilty about not having a finish! I am also linking up with the Fabric Addict. Whoop Whoop! And, how could I forget.....I am linking up with Richard, too. I found AmyLouWho again and I think I am managing to link with her.
ETA: Richard asked about the pattern. I found one that looks the same on Quilter's Cache. The instructions I received called for cutting all of the HST before cutting. I like this one better. Try Star & Pinwheels, Richard.
Here is the other thing I did this afternoon between storms.
Yes, I know it is ugly. I was testing a design I had in my head. I used this fabric that I didn't like after I bought it on clearance at Connecting Threads. I am doing this block in bright batiks and snow white. I will rotate the block 90° as I progress across the rows and down the columns. It will be sashed in the same snow white in the same size as the sashing within the block. I didn't cut the center column apart correctly. I missed by a quarter inch. I also think I am going to move where I split the third column but still split it into 3 parts. Comments, criticisms and suggestions are welcome.
Thanks for looking!