Monday, July 23, 2012

Tetris Quilt Along

Hi, all!  Back on nights again.  One more and I am done with them for a week.  I found a quilt along I am going to do.  I will be a week behind but I think I can catch up on my days off. It is a Tetris quilt along over at Happy Quilting.  I have looked at several of this week's blocks and I laughed at myself.  Everyone kept saying, "I have never played Tetris."

Boy, I have!  That is the one video game I could kick my boys' butts at. When they were in elementary school they played chess competitively.  Just as soon as the kids went in for a match we mothers picked up the Gameboys to play Tetris.  I just couldn't resist this QAL even though I have more irons than I do fire right now.

I did go to my sewing room and sew a strip on the wrong side of 10 blocks.  I was very upset until I set down to take them off and realized the tension was messed up.  The stitching came out easily.  I will have to fix the issue and try again.  I want these blocks done before my kids come home this weekend.  This quilt is for my DIL and I want her to help decide the layout.  Then I can work on my tetris quilt blocks.  Kind of excited about that!

Hopefully I will have some pictures to post tomorrow.  It isn't too late to join in.  Hop on over the Melissa's and check it out!

Keep stitchin'!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from people. I have turned word verification back off. We will see how that works.