Sunday, November 20, 2011

Taking a Break from Christmas Gifts

Yesterday I started a Jelly Roll 1600 Quilt.  I have no need for this.  My husband asked me, "Who is that for?"  Hmmm....no plan.  Just needed a break from the intense projects and this looked fun and simple.  When I got up today - I am working nights this weekend - I went straight to my sewing room.  In less than 30 minutes I was finished.



Isn't it pretty?  But it seems unbalanced to me.  I didn't like that all the pastels ended up clumped together in the middle.  I decided the solution would be some big happy flowers.




I happily sent off a picture to my sister and my aunt asking what they thought.  I don't think they were as delighted as me. 

So, I tried moving the flowers to the other end.  I apologize for the poor picture quality.  Didn't realize it at the time.  I will try to replace it tomorrow.




I think I like the first option best because it fills in the spot where all the pastels are.  I plan to put a blue border on that is a blue polkadot on a lighter blue background.  The binding is bright red gingham.

If you are reading this PLEASE leave me an opinion.  I am going to link up this unfinished item to Sew Darn Crafty Party in hopes it will get some traffic and I can get some opinions.  What do you think?

Keep Stitchin'!

Mary

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you... adding the flowers balances out the quilt and gives a little pop to that area. Great solution! And remember... the quilting can make quite a difference too. If you FMQ around those flowers to give them even more definition, I think you'd be pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your input.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the flower thought. Although it's very colorful and pretty without them, it just seems like it's missing something. Those flowers add just the right pizazz you're looking for! Super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute. I like the flowers close to the pastels better like in your first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first flower option the best. That turned out really cute. Sometimes a quick project you can zip through is a welcome change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for taking the time to post! I went with your thoughts and put the flowers over the pastels. I tweaked it all a little. I will probably post the finished product next week. Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from people. I have turned word verification back off. We will see how that works.