Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bourbon, Berries and Beans

It has been a very busy couple of weeks for me.  I work 12 hour shifts and rotate back and forth between days and nights.  Last week I worked Monday thru Thursday.  I came home Thursday night and packed.  We left Friday morning in our Sand Rails and drove over 500 miles this weekend.

We had a ball.  We visited the six distilleries on The Bourbon Trail in Kentucky.  We had no major mishaps - other than the spatzy that ended up splattered in my lap.  I lost a shirt from that.  We got caught in the rain about 25 miles from home.  We waited it out in a bank drive thru but then got soaked driving home because of how wet the roads were.  We looked like drowned rats but we were glad to see rain here.

I discovered that I don't like the cheap stuff but am fine with the small batches.  No point in spending money on the pricey single barrel for me.

I was supposed to be off on Monday but since we were back I called my manager and said I could come in for a while - that ended up being 11 hours!  Worked another 10 yesterday and have to work 12 on Fri and Sat.  So, I am home today and tomorrow.  Thank God.  I was about at the end of my rope and was out of leftovers in the freeezer.

Today I am cooking so that I can sew tomorrow.  A friend brought me two and half gallons of blackberries last night.  This morning I cleaned all of last years out of the freezer and am making jelly with them.  I also picked a big mess of green beans this morning.  I cleaned and snapped those and put them in the crockpot with ham and onions for tomorrow.  I am in the process of making a big batch of potato salad and a lasagna.  Lasagna is for Saturday.   Potato salad is for tonight and tomorrow night.

Still going to make a pie or cobbler and freeze the rest of the berries.  I do have them all cleaned.

What I want most is a nap.  I have to get to the sewing room and to the store in the next few hours.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from people. I have turned word verification back off. We will see how that works.